Our volunteers define dedication. Over 1,400 people volunteer in various Interfaith activities! Here are some of the opportunities available for you.
- The CAST food outreach program is fueled by volunteers who prepare sandwiches four nights a week, while other volunteers transport, and serve the soup and sandwiches to hungry people.
- Volunteers also donate new socks and personal hygiene supplies for CAST guests.
- On-Call Help Lists. This is an invaluable contribution! We call when help is needed: you help only when you can. Flexible hours are available. Skilled or unskilled help is equally welcome, as well as youth volunteers.
- Volunteers spend time with families at our Family Promise Day Center and drive the van, transporting families each day to and from the Center to their host congregations for the night.
- Volunteers help maintain our homeless housing units: paint, spread bark, pull weeds, clean and other house care duties.
- We occasionally need help moving furniture and assisting families as they move into their own apartments. Volunteers with trucks are especially appreciated!
- Help coordinate and work at our fundraising events, sort and distribute winter coats, work on mailings and provide office support.
- Collect children’s books. With your donation of books as individuals or through a book drive with your congregation, business or youth group, we fill the bookshelves in our family homes and through our Kids Need Books program.
- Through Project Homeless Connect, we collect supplies for distribution to individuals and families on Bellingham’s day of support for the homeless.
- Donate camping supplies, sleeping bags, personal hygiene kits and tarps for people living on the streets.
- Get involved! We need your experience as a congregational rep, board member and committee member.
- Donate furniture, household items and personal hygiene supplies for families beginning over.
- Knitters: your hand-knitted hats and scarves for children and adults are gratefully accepted through our Project Warm-Up. You can also donate gently-used coats to our Winter Coat Drive and help during the distribution days.
- Fill out a Volunteer Application online, call us at 734-3983, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and learn how you can make a difference right now!