Our volunteers define dedication. Over 1,400 people volunteer in various Interfaith activities! Here are some of the opportunities available for you.
- Coffee and Sandwiches Together (CAST) is looking for volunteers to transport and serve food and drinks to guests. Read the CAST Transporter and Server Job Description and fill out our Volunteer Application if you’re interested in helping. We also appreciate help rounding up the goods. You could hold a small food drive to collect cases of bottled water, granola bars, juice boxes, and instant soup, and coordinate getting donations to us.
- Volunteers also donate new socks and travel-sized personal hygiene supplies (shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion, razors, toothpaste, toothbrush, lip balm) for CAST guests.
- On-Call Help Lists. This is an invaluable contribution! We call when help is needed, you help only when you can. Flexible hours are available. Skilled or unskilled help is equally welcome, as well as youth volunteers.
- Volunteers help maintain our homeless housing units: paint, spread bark, pull weeds, clean and other house care duties.
- We occasionally need help moving furniture and assisting families as they move into their own apartments. Volunteers with trucks are especially appreciated!
- Sometimes we need additional help for our annual events, such as our Hope Auction and Winter Coat Drive. Sound fun? It is!
- Collect new or gently-used children’s books. With your donation of books as individuals or through a book drive with your congregation, business or youth group, we fill the bookshelves in our family homes and through Kids Need Books.
- Get involved! We need your experience as a congregational rep, board member and committee member.
- Donate furniture, household items, diapers, and personal hygiene supplies for families who are starting over. With our partnership with Habitat for Humanity, you can donate your used furniture in good condition and designate the sale proceeds to go to Interfaith. We can use the credit at Habitat to help furnish our housing units or help a family outfit their new home when they transition out of our program.
- Knitters: your hand-knitted hats and scarves for children and adults are gratefully accepted through our Project Warm-Up. You can also donate gently-used coats to our Winter Coat Drive and help during the distribution days.
- Fill out a Volunteer Application online, call us at 734-3983, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and learn how you can make a difference right now!