Housing Coordinator and Family Promise Program Liaison
Interfaith Coalition of Whatcom County has a rewarding position for the right person who values meaningful work with families experiencing homelessness, and enjoys coordinating with social service agencies, volunteers, and faith-based organizations in the community. We seek a homeless housing professional who understands housing resources and leasing services, to work with families and agencies to secure housing and movement toward self-reliance. This position also entails working in coordination with our 24-hour family shelter program, Family Promise. Responsibilities to include: sharing on-call coverage, providing some office and backup case management when needed, Sunday liaison to the Family Promise host congregation, and Sunday evening van transportation.
This is a small office setting where everyone works together toward the goal of families reaching their highest potential. This position reports directly to the Family Promise Manager.
Salary Range: $18.00 – $19.00 per hour. Benefits include health insurance, vacation and holiday pay, retirement benefit, sick leave.
32 hours per week, Sunday through Thursday, includes some weekend and evening work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate services with partner agencies, including moving families in and out of units and providing oversight of properties
· Provide leasing services and oversight to rented units
· Interview and coordinate moving families in and out of short-term emergency units
· Communicate regularly with clients and case managers to ensure program compliance
· Coordinate turnarounds of units with volunteer groups, maintenance manager, and partner congregations
· Support clients, but also recognize the need to maintain a balance of compliance and empathy.
· Recognize the complexities of poverty and homelessness
· Collaborate with other agencies and housing providers to meet clients’ unique needs and circumstances
· Track progress of families and housing outcomes and complete necessary reports
· Understand funding sources for subsidized housing
· Participate in continual education programs as needed
Family Promise Liaison/Administrative Support
· Work as a team with Family Promise staff to provide collaborative support of Interfaith Housing and Family Promise program goals
· Provide administrative support to Family Promise Manager and housing programs, including tracking of stats for both programs
· Provide support to Family Promise staff with some Day Center coverage
· Assist with on-call and after-hours coverage, including back-up van driving as needed
· Provide back-up case management and volunteer coordination when needed for case-managed Interfaith housing and Family Promise program
· Assist with fundraising events and outreach as needed
· A heart to serve and desire to work as a team toward a common goal of helping families experiencing homelessness reach sustainable goals of housing and stability
· Knowledge, experience, and a passion to work with families experiencing homelessness
· A desire to work with a variety of faith traditions toward a common goal or service
· Highly empathetic, but with a clear understanding of boundaries
· Ability to navigate crisis, and understand trauma
· Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks and documentation in a timely and professional manner
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel
· Case management experience preferred
· Background in social or human services preferred, with several years of experience.
· Experience in housing/leasing preferred
Competencies: Listens and gets clarification, balances team and individual responsibilities, gives and welcomes feedback, treats people with respect, keeps commitments, follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports organization’s goals and values, adapts to changes in the work environment, is consistently at work on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, asks for and offers help when needed, displays willingness to make decisions, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people on decision making process, observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Travel: This job operates in an office environment, off-site venues and congregation locations throughout Whatcom County. Some lifting (up to 30 lbs.) may be involved. Evening and weekend work required as job duties demand. Travel is primarily in Whatcom Co.
Application: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com Wages dependent on experience.