Half-Time Case Manager for Interfaith Coalition
Interfaith Coalition of Whatcom County has a rewarding, part-time position for the right person who values meaningful work with families experiencing homelessness, and enjoys working with volunteers, social service agencies and faith-based organizations in the community. We seek a homeless housing professional who understands housing resources to work with families and agencies to secure housing and movement toward self-reliance. This position also entails approximately ten hours per week at our Family Promise Day Center in case management, day center coverage, and the transportation of families. If you embrace direct service work with families and children needing support, can demonstrate empathy amidst the challenges that families experiencing homelessness face, encourage family diligence with the demands of individual family plans, and work with diverse families toward sustainable living, we are looking for you. We need your tenacity in locating the unique housing services that families need in the community.
This is a small office setting where everyone works together toward the goal of families reaching their highest potential.
Salary Range: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
Benefits include vacation and holiday pay, retirement benefit, sick leave.
20 – 25 hours per week, includes some weekend and evening work.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Case manager for transitional housing for homeless families and support at the Family Promise Day Center, which shelters families who are experiencing homelessness.
– Coordinate services with partner agencies, including moving families in and out of units and providing oversight of the properties.
– Provide leasing services and oversight to rented units.
– Meet regularly with clients to ensure program compliance as well as identifying additional ways volunteers and staff can be a resource to family members.
– Coordinate turn-arounds of units with volunteer groups, property manager, and partner congregations.
– Advocate for clients from a client-centered approach which supports clients in functioning as independently as possible.
– Recognize the complexities of poverty and homelessness and provides comprehensive advocacy services to clients which address all factors that have contributed to their homeless status.
– Assist client with any application process with property managers; and accompany them to related appointments as needed.
– Develop a permanent housing service plan; collaborate with other agencies to meet client needs.
– Participates in continual education programs
– Help families navigate the Family Promise Program in which families receive emergency housing with host and support congregations and case management services at the Family Promise Day Center during the day.
– Provide some day center coverage, work with Day Center volunteers, coordinate with overnight host/support congregations, and van driving coordination as needed.
– Assist with on-call, after hours coverage for Family Promise.
· Concern for social justice and basic human needs in the community and a passion to work with a variety of faith traditions toward a common goal of service.
· Knowledge and experience working with homeless families.
· Experience in creation and implementation of programs.
· Knowledge of volunteerism and volunteer management practices.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
· Highly organized, resourceful, self-motivated, ability to work independently.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
· Bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field and at least two years of experience.
Application: email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Interfaith Coalition of Whatcom County, 910 14th St., Bellingham, WA 98225. Competitive salary is dependent on experience.