Job Description for Property & Maintenance Manager, Part-time
Interfaith Coalition of Whatcom County seeks a half-time property manager and maintenance person to work with our small staff in a dynamic, non-profit organization. The coalition is a partnership of diverse congregations and operates a network of housing for homeless families. The position averages 20- 25 hours per week.
The Property Manager should have a good general understanding of all of the following and have some skills working in most of the following areas:
• Appliances, drywall repair, painting, plumbing, electrical, heating systems, general carpentry, trim carpentry, siding and roofing, landscaping and flora.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with housing manger and case management to ensure that residents have the best chances toward success and that buildings are cared for.
• Work to enhance the safety, livability & durability of all houses.
• Do periodic inspections of housing units, deciding what needs to be done to keep house safe, livable, and in a condition which does not deteriorate.
• Prioritize and implement repairs, upgrades, and capital improvement projects.
• Guide work, whether done by self, contractor, or volunteers.
• Coordinate and supervise volunteers to assist with maintenance projects.
• Maintain tools, equipment, and materials used for building care.
• Passion for basic human needs in the community and comfortable working with a variety of people.
• Optimistic attitude.
• Able to work with people from different backgrounds, including poverty, city administration, social work, Interfaith donors, and volunteers.
• Compassion and understanding for the population we serve.
• Be discreet and able to keep confidentiality.
• Highly organized, resourceful, self-motivated and excellent follow through.
Wage: $20 – $25 per hour depending on experience. Benefits include Simple IRA match, vacation, holiday and sick leave.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Position to begin by March 1, 2019.