Interfaith Coalition of Whatcom County, has a rewarding position for the right person. If you embrace the challenge and satisfaction of developing and managing successful fundraising programs, if your communication skills across several platforms are topnotch, and if working closely with volunteers, congregations and our small, enthusiastic staff is appealing, Interfaith would like to hear from you. We value work, life and volunteer experience and offer some job flexibility.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Plan, organize and manage funding programs for the organization including annual campaigns, planned giving and special events.
· Coordinate the annual spring auction. Recruit and oversee volunteers, assist with procurement of auction items and underwriters, make logistical arrangements including guest registration and coordination with auction site.
· Collaborate with staff and volunteers in coordinating these campaigns and events, providing the overall vision, messaging and direction.
· Extensive writing across several platforms, including newsletters, grant proposals, social media, brochures and media outreach.
· Cultivate and deepen our relationship with donors and member congregations.
· Represent Interfaith Coalition in the community and within congregations, including making presentations.
Recruit and oversee volunteers to assist with these tasks, including working closely with board of directors, fund development committee and many volunteers.
· Passion for social justice and basic human needs in the community and comfortable working with a variety of faith traditions.
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate large auctions and other fund-raising events.
· Demonstrated ability to solicit gifts from individuals and families.
· Demonstrated ability to solicit corporate gifts and sponsorships.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and public speaking.
· Highly organized, resourceful, self-motivated and excellent follow through.
· Proven ability to train and motivate volunteers in regular tasks as well as annual events.
· Demonstrated experience with grant writing and cultivating legacy donations.
· Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of fundraising experience with progressive responsibility.
· Skilled with GiftWorks or similar donor database as well as Microsoft Office, social media
Responsible to: Executive Director
Salary Range: Competitive salary is based on experience. Benefits include health insurance, 3% Simple IRA match, vacation, holiday and sick leave. We are family friendly and offer flexible scheduling. Some evenings and weekend work will be required.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.