Winter Warmth Drive is on!
Interfaith Coalition’s annual Winter Warmth Drive helps neighbors throughout Whatcom County.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DONATING
Please donate your gently-used or new winter coats (no clothing, light jackets, or non-winter items) for kids and adults.
Launder, then place into a plastic bag that is labelled on the outside with the number and sizes of coats (adult 2X and 3X, and kid sizes especially needed), and twist-tie shut (no knots please). Because of COVID-19 concerns, we cannot accept unbagged coats.
Where to Donate Winter Coats:
- Bellingham: Coat bags can be dropped off at the Bellingham Senior Center (315 Halleck St.) on Monday, Oct. 19, 11:30am to 1:30pm, and Wednesday, Oct. 21, 4pm to 6pm.
- Blaine: Go to this website for drop-off sites and distribution info: blainecap.org/winter-coats/
- Ferndale: Drop-off coats at United Church of Ferndale on Saturday, Sept. 19th, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. There is a drive-thru area where bags can be dropped off. Masks are required at this site. Canned food donations for the Ferndale Food Bank are also being accepted at this time.
- Coat bags can also be dropped off at any Banner Bank location in Bellingham, Lynden, and Blaine, until October 16.
- Bellingham coats will only be distributed through organizations and agencies serving people in need. We apologize – because of COVID concerns we will not be able to respond to individual orders or requests.
- Some coats may be available in November at the Hope House in Bellingham. Call then to confirm: (360) 671-8702
- Blaine coats will be distributed in October through assigned appointment times. Pre-registration is required. Go to blainecap.org/winter-coats/ for more info.
- Ferndale: Coats will be distributed in October through the Ferndale Food Bank pickups.
- Deming: Coats will be distributed in October through the Foothills Food Bank pickups.